January 11, 2022
Posted by Jonesboro Public Schools on 1/11/2022
MASK MANDATE RESOLUTION
This resolution shall be effective from January 11, 2022 until the JPS positivity rate is less than .3% of the combined student/staff population. The resolution will provide an avenue to review the district mask mandate approximately every 2 weeks.
Criteria to ENTER into a Mask Mandate: When .3% or more of the combined student/staff population is positive after reviewing ONE week of data.
Criteria to EXIT a Mask Mandate: When less than .3% of the combined student/staff population is positive after reviewing TWO weeks of data.
The .3% is based on the Arkansas Center for Health Improvement’s (ACHI) trend table for Rates of New Known Infections for a 14 day period per 10,000 residents.
The Mask Mandate will apply to all students, employees, and adults on a school campus.
FACE COVERINGS FOR STUDENTS
All students in Pre-kindergarten through the 12th grade will be required to wear face covering regardless of vaccination status:
(a) during the school instructional day and (b) during daily school-provided transportation.
All masks and face coverings must cover the nose and mouth of the student.
Students shall wear masks and face coverings at all times except for the following:
- Students may remove masks and face coverings for eating or drinking;
- Students may remove masks and face coverings when appropriate social distancing measures are in place as determined by a JPS staff member;
- Students may be exempt from this Mask Mandate by the school administration due to a documented medical condition and/or special behavioral or individualized needs of the student;
- Students may remove masks and face coverings on a case-by-case basis for specific instructional needs, including physical education and extracurricular activities, as determined by a JPS staff member.
Staff will promote appropriate mask wearing by modeling daily. In the event students forget to wear their masks to school, masks will be distributed as needed on campuses.
All district employees will be required to wear a mask or face covering regardless of vaccination status.
All masks and face coverings must cover the nose and mouth of the employee during the school instructional day.
Employees shall wear face coverings at all times except for the following:
- Employees may remove masks and face coverings for eating and drinking;
- Employees may remove masks and face coverings when appropriate social distancing measures are in place- i.e. working in an office; or outside away from others
- Employees may only be exempted from this mandate by the Superintendent due to a documented medical condition of the employee.
Masks are encouraged, but not required at school sponsored events after school hours (athletics, fine arts, extracurricular, etc.)